Program: 2s-3s (T/Th)
Our focus is on socialization, including relationships with teachers, parents and children as we learn and play together. Children can be spontaneous in their choice of activities and have the opportunity to learn through hands on experiences. Children gain confidence as they transition from: dependence to independence, home to school, trust in parents to trust in teachers.
- warm, nurturing relationships
- low child to adult ratios
- transitionally appropriate activities
- music and stories in small groups
- emphasis on problem solving
- nutritious snack
- Tuesday/Thursday, 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Must be 2-years old by September 1st
- Child/Adult ratio of 4:1
- 3 head teachers, 3 parents, 24 children
Sample Class Schedule
9:00 Arrival/Inside Play/Snack Time
10:00 Outdoor Classroom Time
11:00 Inside Play/Diapering
Parent participation is essential part of the TOPS philosophy. Regularly scheduled parent participation is 10 days per school year. A limited number of reduced (50%) participation contracts are available.
In addition, all TOPS parents are required to:
- work one Saturday morning maintenance workday per year, and
- serve on the Executive Board or other parent committee.
There are also fundraising events and parent education evenings which parents are encouraged to attend.
Tuition is paid in installments: one-third is due at registration in March and the remaining two-thirds is paid in three installments billed on June 1, October 1 and January 1.
- Regular Participation - $3,400/year
- Reduced Participation - $3,775/year