Program: Pre-K (M-F)
The children participate in group and individual teacher-directed activities each day where our “academics” are integrated through activities that are relevant and of interest to our present class. During the non-teacher-directed activities time, the children choose from a variety of curriculum including pre-reading, reading, writing, manipulatives, pre-math, building, math, science, free art, and dramatic play. Artistic experiences are provided to allow children to explore and express their natural, spontaneous, creative nature. Children are encouraged to figure out how things work, interact with each other respectfully, try out new roles, experiment with ideas, build on their experiences and solve real problems.
It is our goal in Pre-K that children:
- Experience a safe, supportive social and emotional environment.
- Work through whatever fears or barriers may be in the way of their experiences in Pre-K
- Grow in their self-esteem, independence, individual strengths, and curiosity.
- Experience joy
- Continue to develop a curious nature about the world around them: the process of asking questions, thinking about and discussing problems and finding out answers.
- Gain an increasing control of their large and small muscles.
- Have opportunities to extend their ability to focus.
- Engage in interesting, appropriate experiences that stimulate their social, emotional, creative, intellectual and physical development.
- Use written, spoken language and mathematical concepts in concrete and meaningful ways, i.e. academics
- Continue to develop respect for themselves and others through positive adult guidance.
- Discuss and resolve problems among themselves with minimal adult interaction.
- Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Must be 4-years old by September 1st
- Adult/Child ratio of 7:1
- 2 head teachers, 2 assistant teachers, 26 children
Sample Class Schedule
9:00 Children Arrive / Outdoor Classroom Time
10:00 Greeting Circle/ Group Time
10:15 Teacher Directed Activities/Inside Play
11:15 Outdoor Classroom Time
11:40 Closing Circle/Group Time
*12:00-2:30 Lunch Bunch + Playgroup Programs (optional add-on)
While parents are not required to participate on a regular basis, there are a handful of field trips and classroom celebrations throughout the school year that rely on parent support. We also encourage our parents to come into the classroom when their schedules allow. They can spend time with the children reading, singing, playing games, directing an art or cooking project, and more!
Tuition is paid in installments: one-third is due at registration in March and the remaining two-thirds is paid in three installments billed on June 1, October 1 and January 1.
• Non-Participation - $7,500/year